Thank you for choosing to submit your book proposal to Kube Publishing
Our aim is to respond to every submission made, however, we cannot always guarantee that this will be possible. Furthermore, a number of proposals are rejected because they do not contain enough information, or because they do not give the right sort of information; in order to give your project the greatest chance of being considered for publication, please carefully read the guidelines for the type of book you want to submit.
It can take up to 6 to 12 months, sometimes longer, for us to consider manuscripts/proposals, with additional time often needed if other opinions are sought. Before offering a contract for proposals we want to pursue we will contact the author and discuss its merits and any areas we would like to see improved. Should we reject your manuscript we will not provide you with a detailed written appraisal of your work. In some cases where we ask for a proposal to be developed and resubmitted, additional feedback may be sent.
Kube is interested in publishing well-written fiction and non-fiction with an Islamic perspective, for children in the following age ranges:
0-3 years: board books up to 16 pages, up to 350 words
3-5 years: 24-32 pages, up to 750 words
5-8 years: 32-64 pages, up to 10,000 words
8-12 years: 64-120 pages, up to 20,000 words
13+/Young Adult: 100+ pages, up to 60,000 words
Please pay careful attention to these guidelines because the Editor will not read your unsolicited manuscript unless you first send in a complete submission. Your proposal needs to include the following:
- A cover letter with your full name and contact details
- A brief CV/resume
- A one-page description of the proposal, including:
- A synopsis of the plot and description of the main characters;
- The intended age group and audience;
- A paragraph explaining what is unique or necessary about this book in comparison to similar titles that are currently available on the market or our publishing backlist (Islamic Foundation and Kube). What is distinctive or different about this book?
- Word length (actual or proposed)
- Your manuscript. If your manuscript is short, you may submit the entire manuscript; otherwise, in the case of chapter books, submit one or two sample chapters.
Please make sure that your spelling and grammar are correct! British English is preferred, although North American English is acceptable.
- The whole manuscript must be in a single document (not separate documents for different chapters);
- Set your manuscript in plain text, Calibri or Times New Roman font, 11 point, 1.5 spacing, left-margin justified with document margins of 2.5 cm on all sides. Do not send manuscripts in fancy or coloured fonts. Do not send in handwritten manuscripts by post.
- Do not send in artwork for your manuscript. If you have ideas for artwork or layout, you may submit these along with your text.
- If you are a semi/professional artist and are writing and illustrating a picture book or comic book, please submit a selection of your work along with some illustrations you have prepared for the particular project.
After considering a submission, the Editor will contact you to say if the Editorial team wish to see a complete manuscript for further consideration or not. This may take up to nine months if we send your manuscript to be reviewed by external readers. Unfortunately we cannot respond to all unsuccessful submissions.